A Proven Champion for our Community.
Jim Benson's Accomplishments:
• Commitment by King Soopers toward a 2012 development of a Chambers Rd/104th, 123,000 sq.ft. store
• Growth of the northern retail sector
• Prohibition of NASCARs project near Reunion neighborhoods
• Northern Police Substation development
• Re-incentivizing northern residential development and a return to a prosperous and growing community
• Instrumental in YMCA after school program at Stuart Middle School
• Obtained the only U.S. Postal Mailbox & Fedex drop in Reunion
• Chambers Road Median
• PA announcer for Prairie View H.S. home football games
• I will continue to advocate for more retail opportunities including sit-down restaurants and shops.
• I support a high quality of life that includes interconnected parks, trails, and open space, and community resources like a northern range library and recreation center.
• I will fight for the completion of an on-ramp from Tower Road onto Pena Blvd. West
• I will work with the county and state to ensure that Commerce City continues to develop and grow responsibly.
• I will work to ensure that any Xcel pipeline is installed safely and in proper locations, subject to public hearings.
Your City Council Ward II Representative for the past four years.
Practicing Attorney for over 37 years.
Your neighbor for over 7 years.
Veteran, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve 1962-1968
Doctor of Jurisprudence
Board of Directors, Denver Regional Council of Governments and E-470 Public Highway Authority: 2007-2011
JOIN JIM FOR A MORE BOLD, COMMITTED FUTURE FOR COMMERCE CITY
Jim wants to talk about the issues with you at his monthly Ward II meetings. Ward II is the NE quadrant of Commerce City. Meeting are held on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00. August 9, September 13, October 11, and November 8, 2011. The are held at Stellato’s Deli at 15550 East 103rd Place, Chambers and 104th Avenue. Come meet Jim and talk about the issues in Commerce city while you share your concerns with others. Call Jim at 303-288-7011, email JimBensonWardii@Comcast.net, www.ReelectJimBenson.com, and see Jim on facebook at “Re-elect Jim Benson for City Council.