Commerce City council have decided on the following set of questions that will be asked to the candidates that are applying for the at-large position that was vacated by Tony Johnson.
1. What is the main reason you are seeking this city council position?
2. Please explain what you see as the most pressing matter for the city council in the near term and what do you think you can contribute in order to help solve or overcome this issue?
3. The city's image was one of the most concerning issues in a recent survey taken by our citizens. What would you do to improve Commerce City's image?
4. What would you like to see accomplished in the short term and in the long term in the northern and southern parts of our city?
5. Please provide us with a brief description of the city's budget and council's role in the budgetary process as you understand it. Please include total budget in dollars and key sources of revenue and expenditures?