Thursday, January 13, 2011

Udall Welcomes Colorado General Assembly on its 1st Day

Today, Mark Udall attended as the Colorado General Assembly convened for its first day of the 2011 session. He released the following statement welcoming state lawmakers back to Denver :

“I want to congratulate all of the newly elected members, as well as those who are returning to the state legislature as it convenes for the 2011 session. On the one hand, today is a day to celebrate our democracy – but with a strained budget and still lagging economy, I know you’re also beginning the session all too aware that you have a tough road ahead.

“As a Coloradan, a former state legislator and a fellow public servant, my advice to you is to remember that we face these challenges together. This is a year to bridge the divides between us – geographically and politically – to build a better Colorado . As always, I’ll work to be the best partner I can be to you and all Coloradans. Together, I know we can meet our challenges head on – balance the budget, strengthen the economy and get Coloradans back to work.”