Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tancredo Hits Hickenlooper for Hiking Taxes and Killing Jobs

Responds to Questions about Using RGA Footage in the Ad

GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO—Gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo this week released an ad slamming Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper for pushing $290 million in tax hikes and killing 39,000 jobs in Denver.
The ad was released via the web this week and will begin running across the state Monday.

“As Governor, I will cut taxes, I’ll cut spending, and I’ll stop illegal immigration cold. And for those who say it can’t be done, just watch me,” says Tancredo in the ad.

In response to questions about incorporating footage from a Republican Governors Association television ad run on TV earlier this year and available in the public domain, Tancredo today released the following statement:

We couldn't see any reason to spend a lot of money in the creation of an ad that had already run, was in the public domain, and most six-year-olds could find on YouTube if so inclined. Our ad clearly credits the RGA ad as its source.

I never asked the Republican Party for permission to do things when I was a member of Congress, so why should I start now?

We did attribute the Republican Governors Association, John Hickenlooper did raise taxes by $290 million, and I'm not concerned an iota about all the whining about the ad.