Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Buck, Norton Unite in Arapahoe County

"Please support Ken. I am doing it, and I hope all of you will."

Greenwood Village, CO—Republican U.S. candidate Ken Buck was joined by Jane Norton at the Arapahoe County Men’s Club this morning. The event was the first joint appearance by the former rivals since the Republican Primary.
Jane Norton told a packed crowd that Colorado needs Ken Buck in the United States Senate to reign in Washington’s big spending--

“I’m pleased and honored to be here to formally endorse Ken Buck. This is a really important election and we have an opportunity to take the Senate back. Ken is an extraordinary campaigner. He is going to go to Washington, he is going to vote to take our country back and to get us on sound financial footing. So I’m here to say, ‘please support Ken.’ I am doing it, and I hope all of you will.”

Buck thanked Norton for her generous support--

“From day one Jane has been an absolutely gracious opponent. Jane sent out emails to many of you asking you to support me. It’s been a wonderful response. I said on Primary night that we had a little dust up in the family, and the family is now coming together, and I really appreciate what Jane has done for us and what all of you have done.”

Buck told the group that Colorado needs to fight against appointed Senator Michael Bennet and the Washington establishment who have pushed unemployment to 9.5 percent and rubberstamped $13 trillion of debt.

Buck told attendees that appointed Sen. Michael Bennet and Washington politicians “heard us, but they ignored us.”

Buck added that “Washington is legislating unemployment right now,” and that he will focus on creating jobs and reigning in Washington’s out of control spending.