Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Statement from Colorado GOP Chairman Dick Wadhams:

"Tom Tancredo contacted me late Monday to indicate he would withdraw from the race for governor if Dan Maes did so as well. I asked Tom for the opportunity to present this offer to Dan Maes which I did do this morning. I felt it was my responsibility as state chairman to inform Dan of this offer since it held open the possibility of eliminating the current three-way race that gives the Democratic candidate a huge advantage. Dan indicated he would remain in the race. I respect and appreciate both Tom's offer and Dan's response. I continue to support Dan Maes for Governor of Colorado." To view the statement online, click the link below:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/36072475/Statement-From-Colorado-GOP-Chairman-Dick-Wadhams