Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ken Buck: “I don’t wear high heels”

Norton releases new ad

Denver, CO – Today, Jane Norton announced a new television ad. The ad highlights comments caught on tape by her opponent, Ken Buck. In the clip, Buck tells a crowd, “Why should you vote for me? Because I don’t wear high heels.”

The video went viral on the web yesterday and was reported on by multiple media outlets.

“Ken is going to have to use all of his best lawyer-speak to explain this really stupid statement. He may say it's no big deal, but just ask Creigh Deeds or George Allen what a comment like this can do to a statewide race,” said Cinamon Watson, spokesperson for the campaign.

“High Heels” Ad Text

Time :30

Jane Norton:
“I’m Jane Norton. I approved this message.”

Voiceover: “Ken Buck is attacking Jane Norton.”
“What’s he saying? You might be surprised.”
“Here’s Ken Buck caught on tape.”

Ken Buck: “Why should you vote for me? Because I do not wear high heels.”

Voiceover: “Play that again”

Ken Buck: “Why should you vote for me? Because I do not wear high heels.”
“I have cowboy boots. They have real bullsh**. That’s Weld County bullsh**.”

Voiceover: “Now Ken Buck wants to go to Washington. He’d fit right in.”

Norton has earned the endorsement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the American Conservative Union PAC, the Family Research Council Action PAC, the Susan B. Anthony List Candidate Fund, and the Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition.